12 April 2017, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine ratified the Agreement on the Joint Film Production and Cooperation in the field of Cinematography between the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and the Government of Israel. The draft law was initiated by the Prime Minister of Ukraine Volodymyr Groysman.
The Parties agreed to facilitate as follows:
– co-production of films and shows;
– cooperation between film studios;
– participation in film festivals held in both countries, as well as other international events, the organization of the “Weeks/Days of Ukrainian Cinema” in Israel and the “Weeks/Days of Israeli Cinema” in Ukraine;
– staff training in the field of cinematography, participation in educational programs, organization of study trips and internships;
– exchange of information and materials.
The implementation of the agreement will be in charge of the Ukrainian State Film Agency and the Israeli Ministry of Culture and Sports.