In the first quarter of this year, the Vodafone Ukraine installed twice as many base stations as compared to the same period of the previous year. The Mediasat was informed about it by the operator’s press office.
In particular, it is emphasized that 366 base stations were put into operation throughout Ukraine in January-March.
At the same time, the Vodafone Ukraine has invested in building and modernizing its networks more than UAH 10 billion over the recent two years. The company is about to increase multi-fold the amount of annual investment in upgrading its network.
Let us remark that the Vodafone Ukraine has launched 3G communication in the Central and Eastern Ukraine’s localities during the recent three months, as follows:
- Zhytomyr Region: in the town of Radomyshl, in the urban community of Irshansk and in the villages of Stariki and Lutovka;
- Dnepropetrovsk Region: in the towns of Verkhovtsevo and Pereshchepino, in the urban community Meliorativnoye, as well as in the villages of Mogilev, Egorino and Salovka;
- Zaporozhye Region: in the towns of Melitopol, Gulyaypole, Tokmak, Dneprorudnoye, in the urban community of Mikhailovka and in the villages of Voskresenka (Chapaevka), Kamenskoye, Belenkoye and Matveevka;
- Cherkasy Region: in the city of Cherkassy and the town of Kamenka;
- Kharkiv Region: in the urban community of Kolomak;
- Donetsk Кegion: in the city of Kramatorsk.
This year, the operator also started deploying third-generation networks in the east of Ukraine. The first city was Kramatorsk, but 3G will be soon available in other cities and towns in the east of the country.